Monday, 12 October 2015

Celebrating a Birthday by Shari Green, author of FOLLOWING CHELSEA

Celebrating a Birthday

It’s FOLLOWING CHELSEA’s birthday! FOLLOWING CHELSEA came out one year ago this week. It’s been a fun year! There was a blog tour, a book signing, a newspaper interview, and a whole lot of coming out of my introvert shell to let people know that the story of Anna and Chelsea was out in the world. And then …

I went back into my shell and wrote another book. I worked my day job (which is often a night job … shiftwork! yay!). I volunteered at my church. I read books and made music and walked on the beach. And sometimes, I remembered to do a bit of FOLLOWING CHELSEA marketing work. I tweeted, I facebooked, I blogged. I contacted reviewers and sent out copies of the book, and then, ironically, I tried not to focus on reviews and ratings.

(It’s a funny life, this being-a-writer thing – a balancing act, I suppose. A creative-energy-in/creative-energy-out balance; an introvert/extrovert balance; a writing/marketing balance; an art/business balance.  It keeps life interesting, for sure!)

And now, as I celebrate a year of FOLLOWING CHELSEA being out in the world, I’m doing what we often do on birthdays: looking back (aw, wasn’t that first draft of FOLLOWING CHELSEA cute?) and looking forward (I wonder where FOLLOWING CHELSEA will go to college? be next year? who will read it? where will I promote it? and what will I write next?!)

I’m also remembering all those who helped FOLLOWING CHELSEA along the way – my family and friends, my critique partners, my agent, the wonderful people at Evernight Teen, the reviewers and book-bloggers, and especially my readers. Thank you all! Here, have some cake! *passes around big slices*


Image: public domain (via Pixabay.com)

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for celebrating this little milestone with me!

* * * * *

FOLLOWING CHELSEA is on sale now! Nab your e-copy for only $0.99!! J


Following Chelsea
by Shari Green

Walking in the footsteps of a dead girl isn’t easy.

After her social life flatlines, seventeen-year-old Anna Richards wants nothing more than to lie low at her new school. But it seems Anna looks an awful lot like Chelsea, the sweet and popular girl who recently died, and Anna finds herself stepping into the void created by Chelsea’s absence.
Anna is determined to make the awkward situation work in her favor, because Chelsea didn’t just leave a spot open with the in-crowd; she also left a gorgeous—and now available—boyfriend. But it turns out that following Chelsea might be a lot more complicated than Anna expected.



About the author:

Shari Green is an author, a nurse, and a pursuer of many creative interests. She is in love with stories and the sea, and can often be found curled up with a good book and a cup of tea, or wandering the beaches near her home on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Visit her online at www.sharigreen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment